Thursday, July 22, 2010

Thoughts on "Bothered"

From reading your blog "Bothered," I realized just how bothered I was. And I'm beginning to believe that you can change the things that bother you. You are SO RIGHT HANNAH. And I knew this before, but I just didn't believe it.

When my hair bothers me, I get a haircut. When my back bothers me, I go to physical therapy. When my head bothers me, I take Ibuprofen (which I probably shouldn't do). When my dog bothers me, I give him a bone. When my body bothers me, I go for a run.

But when I am bothered by a good friend who called me a name (a name you wouldn't ever call a friend), I don't do anything about it. When I am bothered by the fact that me and my dad barely speak to each other, I don't do anything about it. When I am bothered by Karen giving me attitude, I don't do anything about it. When I am bothered by Satan, I don't do anything about it. I give in. I let things go too easily. And I hate it.

I want to fight for everything that I believe in. If it means telling off my friend to make sure that he never calls me that name again, fine. If it means going out of my way to strike up light conversations with my dad, fine. If it means scolding Karen, fine. If it means calling on the name of Jesus--then thank God. Because that has the best results.

I am tired of not saying anything. Of keeping things in. It's so much like living a lie. And I'm not trying to be all dramatic or anything...but I want to be honest. I guess I'm just afraid that what I say doesn't make any sense. I am just a poet (lol) who thinks too much and over analyzes. Sigh.

IN ANY CASE! The weekend of my show was just...I still am so surprised by it. Everything went right, nothing went wrong. I had to do nothing but trust in God, and He pulled through EVERY TIME. I will have to tell you the details later, but let me just say that God is good. You would have LOVED the venue. It was folk central station. And Stephen drove me and helped me set up and supported me and..he is amazing. I could go on for pages about him, lol. But I probably shouldn't do that..on here. :)

This entry was way weird. No idea if the context has a point or not...or if it's even interesting to read. I hope it is. These are just my thoughts at the moment, as I sit on my kitchen counter top drinking mint tea--again. Sigh. Pretty sunset to watch outside my window. Columbus is sitting on the floor under my feet. He's so cute.
Tell me how you're doingggg. And I'll see you in two days! Love you Hanner! And everyone who reads this :)

--L

No comments:

Post a Comment