Monday, July 19, 2010

Release.



It's been a while since I have been this content.

I'm by myself in an empty house in Princeton eating a TV dinner listening to Priscilla Ahn's cover of "Julia" by The Beatles. The sun hasn't set yet and there is a faint breeze filtering through the window screens.

My friend has been kind enough to put me up in her house for the week since I'm in town attending a seminar. This is one of the most charming houses I've ever been in. I slept with a piano, a guitar, and a violin in the house's practice room on an air mattress that had a hole in it. It was one of the best sleepovers I've ever had. This morning, I woke up on a deflated mattress and a grin on my face.

I love my family and friends and I like my hometown and all, but this is just what I needed. Right now, this moment is causing me to stop and be at peace. Let life come. It's a lot like singing. Music. It's not about control. It's about release.

Can't wait to hear about your show, L. Miss you.

Love,
G Love

1 comment:

  1. It's these little moments that creep up on us so unexpectedly that make life more bearable. Thanks for sharing. :)

    ReplyDelete