Sunday, June 20, 2010

Superdad.



Dearest L,

I debated whether or not to write another blog from my end because I didn't want to take your turn, but today is Father's Day and I just thought it fitting to share something from today that involved my Pops.

Last night, someone smashed the side view mirror on our van that was parked along the curb in front of the house. It was probably late, the driver was probably driving fast, and didn't even notice he or she hit it. At least, that's the way my dad explained it to me. My first instinct was to assume that the driver was speeding and that the driver did know that he or she hit it and didn't have the common courtesy to leave a note. When I expressed these thoughts, my dad simply said, "Well, I'll give them the benefit of the doubt. That's how you say it, right?"

My dad spent part of the afternoon sweeping all the glass from the mirror that had shattered on the street. I stood on the curb keeping him company as he meticulously swept every visible piece of glass on the pavement. Didn't make a big deal about it. All he said about the matter was, "Just in case the kids walk along the street."

I admire my Pops. A lot. I hope that the man I marry, if I marry, has the same humility and peace that my dad has. Not so sure about his humor, though. Depends on the guy. HAHA.

Talk to you soon!

Love,
G Love

No comments:

Post a Comment