Friday, June 4, 2010

I want to wake up in the city that never sleeps.



A part of me hates the city. It's too big, too polluted. There is trash everywhere and too many people who are too absorbed in their own personal agendas. The drivers are rude. The pavement makes it ten times hotter in the summer. My feet throb after walking blocks and blocks. The city is a maze to me, and I lose my sense of direction so easily. The subway system doesn't make sense. People bump into me left and right. The buildings cover up the sky and the roads cover up the grass. Everyone is go go go and work work work and buy buy buy. The madness never stops.



Another part of me loves it. Everyone is unique. People seem to walk tall regardless of the skyscrapers that tower over them. I am still small in this city, but slowly I feel like I am becoming a part of something big. I never know who I am sitting next to on the train, and you never know who you might meet. The sunset peaks through the buildings and it is absolutely beautiful. The buildings cast shadows and reflect sunlight onto the streets. And when the sun goes down, the city lights keep everyone's faces glowing.



There are endless opportunities and thousands of connections. And something about the streets keep me walking. I don't want to stop. I liked this feeling. And I spent the day with Stephen, which made the day even better.



I don't know. I WANT TO LIVE IN THE CITY HANNAH! Hahaha. I just don't know if I should live somewhere that I hate as much as I love. I just feel like there are so many opportunities that I am missing out on by living in Fair Lawn, New Jersey. I just want to try it to see what it's like.

So who knows what the future holds. :)

In the meantime, has it really only been three weeks? Do we SERIOUSLY have three months left??? Blah. I need structure in my life. I've been watching too many marathons of America's Next Top Model. I think I'm going to start waking up early to do pilates or something. Or maybe enlist myself in military summer school. Maybe not that extreme...I just need to survive until the end of June. What have you been up to outside of hanging out with the kiddies?! I LOVE your blogs and how we do kind of the same things. The kids sound and look adorable. I think it's so cool that you wrote a song with them. The sweet thing. The title sounds like it could be a real song. I hope you are writing lots of stuff. And MAN did I love the lyrics you put on here about the fool shedding a different light. Who wrote that?

That's all for now. Love you Hanner. And I MISS YOU! Have fun riding that unicycle...that is the coolest thing ever.

Hannah L

No comments:

Post a Comment