Saturday, August 21, 2010

Time

Hey G Love,

Your post is so true. We do live in the past and the future, but hardly in the present. But why is that?
I am a day dreamer. I picture things and I make up things and I remember things. I dwell on things and I wait for things. I hope for things. I doubt things. I imagine things. I can hardly ever just be in something because I am too busy looking back and looking forward.

And why do I spend so much time on this? It's not like there is an endless supply of hours in a day. The days go by so quick. The weeks and the years. I am left here on a Saturday night wondering how this week even happened. How this summer happened. How in another week I will be back at school in my dorm room (with you eek!). Why is it that things happen so quickly? The world is on speed, I swear. Ask any old person and they will say: "Oh you just wait little girl! It just keeps getting faster! Before you know it you'll be wishing you could get back all of the time that you wasted!" And I wonder why they all say the same thing. And THEN because you've wasted so much time, you dwell on the fact that you wasted it--which wastes more time.

Sigh.

I hope I'm not wasting time writing this blog...just kidding. Sort of.

And don't we live on borrowed time? Is anything guaranteed in this world? Nothing is promised. Except for what God promises of course. He has a whole book of promises ready to be offered to us. But everything else fails.

Places fail me. People fail me, sometimes without even meaning to. My memories fail me. My dreams fail me.

And that's what I am learning. The fact that God is the only one who can fill me up. The only one who can hold me up and keep me going. Everyday.

I am going to take a bubble bath.
Love,
L

No comments:

Post a Comment