Saturday, August 7, 2010

More matters.


Question: Do you like this rug? Be honest. I thought we could put it in our room, but I'm not sure if it's too psychedelic, hahaha. Of course, how could you ever be too psychedelic, you know? I'm sure there's a way...it's pretty extreme with the colors. But my sister said I could have it..so I thought what the heck, right?

Ahemm..

In other news, I know what you mean. You get off easy saying the typical Sunday School answer because it was ingrained in you when you were a child. I've done the same thing. It's like you know the Bible and what it says, but do you really believe it all of the time?

Sometimes I think we are so caught up in doubt solely because of the fact that we can't understand the bigger picture. We KNOW that there is a bigger picture, but we stand underneath it completely in awe. Like "how in the world is that even possible?" And so we doubt because our day to day lives seem so small and even meaningless at times.

The thing is that God expects greatness in us. He is our Father and Creator. Why wouldn't His expectations be high? They are high because He LOVES us and wants the best for us and wants us in His kingdom. Now that is of course the typical Sunday School answer. So how do I see this? I walk my dog around the block everyday. It's like my quiet time where I don't have to think about any particular thing..except for my feet moving in front of me one after the other down the sidewalk. Today the sun was setting and a breeze was moving the trees and blowing my hair around. I felt tall and I felt small at the same time. And then I started thinking: God is SO using me. He has to be. Why else would I wake up and get out of bed every morning? Why else would I have a fully working mind and a healthy body? Why else would I have a passion for music and a passion for writing and reading. And why would I get joy out of making other people feel joy? It's like when I babysit and I make Karen laugh and I see that she is in a good mood because of God in me. THAT is what makes everything worth it. And when I am singing to a crowd and I see that my music actually affects them. That is what makes it all worth it.

It is in the small things, Hannah. It is in the small things that we start to see our purpose. And it is confusing, because it's hard to fully understand our own way. Remember Proverbs 20:24?

You don't have to witness to thousands per day in order to be "doing something." God wants you to be a witness inside your own house and your own bedroom. When you are buying a slurpy at the gas station. When you are walking around your neighborhood. When you are writing songs and sitting in class and hanging out in the Dining Commons. When you're in Maryland (Mirrland).

Just a few thoughts. Not sure if it makes sense (I haven't read it back yet haha). But as far as where hope comes from, look at Lamentations 3:24-26. A part of it says: "'The Lord is my portion,' says my soul, 'Therefore I hope in Him!'" The Lord is my portion. It's like we can have God and be FULL. That's all we need! Hoping is like waiting (as you'll read further in the passage)

Love: read anywhere in the Bible really! Hah! But it's funny how no matter what, we are still looking for love. We are trying to figure it out even though God has it all down already. It's crazy. The passage that sticks out to me is Romans 5. Faith triumphs in trouble is the title (and YOU have the same twin Bible as me yay!)
So I hope it's as encouraging to you as it was to me.

Love you girl,
Hannah L

No comments:

Post a Comment