Friday, October 1, 2010

a caterpillar.

It's October 1st. The first day that it's been sweater worthy weather. What happened since the last time I posted? Everything. I moved all of my stuff back to Princeton, and moved in with my roomie G Love (that's you)!

I started classes, and somehow was swallowed into another daily routine. A routine that pushes me around when I don't want to be pushed. A routine that takes away my time. The time that I am borrowing. The time that I don't ever want to waste. The time that I tend to abuse. The time that I try to control. The control that I can't really have but I still hold onto so tightly. The control that pushes me farther and farther away from God. But then God is pulling me up when I get pushed around. He is pulling me up when I abuse the time that I borrowed from Him. He is pulling me up when I try to take control.

He is pulling me up because I am on the ground. I am on the ground because I don't have wings. I don't have wings because I haven't grown them yet. I haven't grown them yet because I am on the ground.

I want to grow wings.

-Larky

1 comment:

  1. I too, am a bird. But it is a far far more dangerous life - and to put it simply - with great freedom comes great responsibility. May all your musical endeavors be unrestricted and flowing in creative energy.

    ReplyDelete