Friday, May 21, 2010

She was looking kind of dumb with her finger and her thumb in the shape of an L on her forehead...

Today I watched Shrek the movie with a 10 year old.

Not only was I reminded how cool the band SmashMouth used to be, but also how hilarious Eddy Murphy is. Karen and I did so many fun things today, and I can't even believe that I get paid for this. I picked her up from school and we did the slow motion run to each other because it's been a year since we saw each other. We played LIFE the board game, went for a bike ride, did some math problems, ordered pizza, fingerpainted (the paint ended up everywhere but on the paper), went out for ice cream and wrote a story about puppies. Kids are so cool. Karen doesnt worry about the future. She doesn't care about what she's going to be in a year or in ten years. She wears whatever clothes she feels like wearing and she doesn't even think about brushing her hair. The only plans she has are to play with her puppy, and floss after dinner. She only cares about today.

Seriously, we can plan all we want. And I know it's important and completely normal to make plans and prepare for the future. But isn't today the only thing in front of us? I am never at peace. And people tell you and the cheesy quotes tell you to live for today and live in the moment. Even the Bible tells you. So why can't we just do it? Just for a second trust that God has it? He's got it. And He's always telling us that He has it all under control. It's okay to take a day at a time. It's more than okay--it certainly is less stressful. Just for a second?

So today I did that. And it felt good.

Love you.

-L <3

No comments:

Post a Comment