Sunday, May 23, 2010

It was never meant to be this way.

This morning, I had to say goodbye to some dear friends who are moving away. When I heard about it a couple of months ago, I was okay. I had peace about it. On Friday night when I hung out with them, I was okay. I had peace. Last night at their going away party, I was okay. I had peace.

But this morning, I had peace, but I was not okay.

I cried and I don't cry often (at least I don't think so!) but it wasn't really because they're moving away. Don't get me wrong, it is going to suck when I can't just call them up on the phone and say, "Hey! Can I come crash at your house?" or "Hey! Do you need a babysitter?" or "Hey! Can you teach me how to cook?" I mean, actually, I can. I'd just have to get on a plane and fly to Colorado...

Anywho, I cried because this morning, I realized that I know love. I've brushed arms with it, I've cried with it (the rare times that I cry...), I've been driven by it to take action for everything that I see is wrong in this world. I would not be able to count the number of people and the number of ways that this family has loved and loved well. I cried for the people this family has yet to meet in Colorado because they will be impacted and challenged by this family in ways they could have never imagined.

And I cried because I believe it was never meant to be this way. We weren't meant to say goodbye. We weren't meant to experience pain.

And yet, we are still able to experience beauty in the midst of all of it.

831.

Larson,
I loved your post... Truth. We should take more cues for life from kids. They've got this life thing down.

Sincerely,
G Love

2 comments:

  1. I don't cry much either, but your post made me cry too lol. I'll miss them so much. Only wish I had stayed around longer to enjoy their company.

    ReplyDelete
  2. There you go, and there I hurt, even so...I'll take it.

    ReplyDelete